Sunday, October 23, 2005

Brain Dead

I think I've just about decided I hate accountants.

Not accountants, actually. I know some accountants who are lovely people. I think what I hate, though, is the box-checking mentality that accountants have. You know, the one that's much more interested in checking off the boxes (and creating new boxes to check) than in anything else.

Case in point--I get taken to task by a couple of guys at church who can't open my files. I'm saving files in two formats on my Mac and forwarding the ones they need to them. I made a mistake and sent the wrong file format of one last night after 11 pm (this is after a day of looking after half the kids in the neighborhood, mind you). So does my box-checker friend email to ask for the correct format? Nope. He waits until the meeting tonight and ambushes me about it. I'm ready to throw something.

Of course, that's coming after the fact that I've managed to leave an envelope of material somewhere in the church and saved last month's minutes on top of this month's. I'd quit, but I don't think I can do that right now. I just know I'm sick and tired of being box-checked to death.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009