Friday, October 28, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

A couple of off-the-beaten-path choices for you women with brains:

BED LIST: HUGH LAURIE



I'm so predictable. Coming in second to Southern gentlemen for overall deliciousness are gentlemen from the British Isles. Find me a Brit (Scot, Irishman, Welshman) with a brain and a killer sense of humor, and you'll usually find me willing to hop into bed. Case in point, Hugh Laurie, or as most Americans are finally discovering him, "Dr. House." This character is mostly despicable, with a horrible attitude and even worse bedside manner, and yet most women I know (including the Dr.'s lost love, played by the luminous Sela Ward) want to jump him. Or reform him. Or try to do both. Hell, anyone who can pull off both Sense and Sensibility (as the wonderfully droll Mr. Palmer) and Blackadder is worth a spin--he'll probably make you laugh, and even if you don't, you'll be swooning over that accent anyway.

DINNER LIST: VING RHAMES



Ving Rhames is the master at implausible one-liners that make me howl. Some examples: "George Bush." (Striptease) "The stupidhead." (Lilo and Stitch) "I'm gonna miss being disreputable." (Mission: Impossible) "Sweaters make my neck look too thick." (Dave) He has an incredible range--everything from Disney to Pulp Fiction--and a great laugh. Yep, I'd have dinner with him. Hell, I'd cook for him. Anything he wants.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009