Saturday, October 15, 2005

Authorial Envy

Today my RWA chapter, Central Florida Romance Writers, held a big booksigning. Very cool stuff--authors I know and love--but I'm still on the wrong side of the table. I'm on the signee side, not the signer side. Don't get me wrong; I love my author friends, and I'm always happy when one of them does something cool, like sign a great contract, get fabulous sales numbers, or lands a terrific agent or editor, but I want cool stuff for me, too.

I am aware that I sound whiny. I am whiny. I'm whiny and petulant and have a lower lip stuck out so far I could surf to the Outer Banks on it. Thankfully, these whiny moments don't last too long. I hope.

Okay, pity party over. Back to the salt mines. I have a website to design and a book to write, not necessarily in that order. My good friend Nancy says I need to enter the Golden Heart again. Hmm. Not sure about that one, but...

Must call Dream Agent and see how things are going on the submission front.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your good friend Nancy, your good friend Melynda urges you enter the Golden Heart this year, too.

As astute ~The Dish~ readers will remember, were it not for Ms. Five-Point-Six last year, THE CRASH TEST DUMMY OF LOVE would have finaled in the Golden Heart. The other judges' scores accurately reflected your intelligent, sarcastic, provocative, howl-of-laughter-producing voice, and your superb writing skills.

So, like...when you step up to the podium to accept your Golden Heart, will you please allow Melynda a few seconds of face time up there so she can personally invite Ms. Five-Point-Six to kiss her lily-white hiney? Please?

Not that Ms. Five-Point-Six isn't entitled to her opinion. Not that we aren't all grateful to Ms. Five-Point-Six for serving the membership as a Golden Heart judge. Oh no. It's just that...well, Melynda would sort of like to hit her a little. With a stick. A big one. Well, more like a club, actually. A big one....

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009