Monday, August 15, 2005

I Suck Redux

Today I spent yet another day out of the classroom at a State workshop on how to do my job better. According to the official line, if I don't have student achievement at 98% on our state test or higher for every kid in every class, I am ineffective.

I would rant about the overall injustice of such an approach--I am, after all, human, as are the children in my classroom--but doing so just makes me look bad. Therefore, I sucketh.

*sigh*

I'm ready to go back to my classroom. At least there I get the feeling I'm doing something right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the way they don't put any responsibility on the children or their parents?

Diana Peterfreund said...

You are NOT ineffective. You're a finalist for teacher of the year! You get to hang out with the Jeb Bushes. Oh, por favor! What kind of crap is that?

mimi said...

Suggesting that parent and student input might have something to do with student achievement is an "excuse" for not doing my job properly. Or so the official line goes. Are you really leaving a child behind who refuses to get on the bus in the first place?

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009