Monday, August 01, 2005

Back to School

Back to school today. Totally different atmosphere from the RWA Conference. I'm feeling a tad schizophrenic right now. Am I writer? Teacher? Harried mom? Whatever the case, I'm busy as hell and realizing that my bad summer habit of staying up late and sleeping in is going to bite me in the ass for the next couple of weeks, especially considering that my school district has moved the start times for high school back 25 minutes. Kids need more time in class, dontcha know.

I'm starting the year with no roommate--my beloved Mel gave birth to twins over the summer and won't be coming back, sob!--and praying my new officemate is cool, or at least workable. I'm back to an AP/senior class schedule again, which is less stress on me (good, as I need to kick the writing into a higher gear). Lots of organizing and decorating this week.

I love the first week of school. The floors are so shiny. Everyone's energized. The year is perched on the lip of Plato's Cave, all perfect in its anticipatory state (I haven't had time to screw it up yet). This will be fun.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009