Monday, March 27, 2006

Yep, Still Blind

So I go to the eye doctor today and find out that, surprisingly, I'm not as blind as I feared. In fact, my eyes are getting better. It's probably the calm before the storm, as my husband and friends who are doing the hold-the-page-at-arms'-length thing will attest, but it was a nice perk anyway. New contacts are great--no more blinking and dryness, slightly sharper vision. That was fine.

New glasses--OUCH. Three hundred bucks I wasn't wanting to spend. Then again, I haven't bought glasses in, say, five years, so I'm not only on the bad prescription, I'm behind the fashion eight ball, too. So I'm trading the bronze Laura Ashley frames with the degrading scratch coating for some new Bebe frames and thin, expensive, disguise that she's blind as a bat lenses. Could be worse. Could be in progressives.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009