Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Irish Yoga

(Yoga at the Crack O'Dawn, get it?)

I show up at our local Y on the recommendation of a good friend who is able to go to yoga class twice a week at 6 am. Six am doesn't work for me normally since I have to be at work at 7:10 on weekdays, but this is spring break. So I go.

There's a sub. The sub is a guy. This is new.

Class wasn't too rough. He's definitely a new-agey kind of guy, willing to let us work it out at a leisurely pace. I did discover that even at the crack o'dawn, I think I like a class with a little more energy. Pilates was good. Power yoga is better. If I'm whipped and feel wrung out at the end of an hour, it was a good hour. I just don't think I'm up for Bikram. Wrung out and dehydrated (Bikram studios are heated) is how I spend much of my summer, so I can get that for free doing yard work in midday in August.

Back to afternoon classes. It was fun to flirt with dark, but I think I'm an end of the day gal when it comes to yoga.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009