Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Another rejection today from TOR, conveyed by an assistant (big news is that Dream Agent is forming a new partnership, Folio Literary Management, and is quite the busy girl these days). Today's verdict:

She loved that the novel takes place in Orlando. It happens to be her hometown. She also thought the plot was intriguing but unfortunately she felt that the action was slow upfront and Sophie was hard to sympathize with, which is essential to keep the reader interested.

Okay, so rejection keeps stinging, even if you have endured several of them and come away relatively bloodless. My best writing buds are saying all the right things, and I know they're right, but dang. It's hard not to just holler "the hell with it" when "Nnnnnnnnnnooooooo!" hovers around your head like a particularly persistent mosquito. And I heard the word from an assistant. This is part of doing business, I know. I'm a big girl. I should just suck it up and quit with the lower lip quiver already.

On the plus side, I do have a killer agent who believes in the project, so I need to trust her to do her job.
Round two of submissions is on deck, swinging away. Let's hope one of them connects.

1 comments:

Marley Gibson said...

Big hugs on the rejection. There are a lot of compliments in there, so hopefully the next editor will see something special in there. Fingers crossed.

Congrats to Dream Agent on the new company. Sounds exciting!

= )

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009