Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Jay 'n Dave

In the battle of late night hosts, I'm a Leno. I've tried Letterman, both the NBC and CBS versions of Late Night and even his short-lived morning show--remember it?--and he doesn't do a thing for me. The Top Ten lists are fun. So is his mom. But Paul Shaffer is, without a doubt, one of the more annoying people on the planet.

Jay, on the other hand, is funnier. Has funnier bits (love the headlines). Has a much better bandleader. He seems like someone you could hang out with on Saturdays, probably in his garage (he owns like a jillion cars and motorcycles). Dave doesn't strike me as a hang out kind of guy unless you're obsessed with basketball. He is from Indiana, after all.

Overall, Jay's the guy. After 11:30, that is. Jon Stewart's my man at 11.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009