Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Brittany Lessons

Chez mimi has two dogs, an ancient cocker spaniel and a Brittany. Brittanys are a new breed for me. I've had cockers all my life. The kids asked for a bigger dog, and since I didn't want to go the Lab/Golden route, we hunted elsewhere. We thought about a Weimaraner, even picked out a name (Wegman), but were dissuaded by its very high activity level. So we end up with a Brittany, the smallest member of the sporting setters, etc. etc. I blissfully ignored the "counter surfing" remarks I saw posted here and there. What do I know about counter surfing? I've owned cocker spaniels. They're lucky to get nose level with a dining room table.

Our Brittany, however, is something else entirely. As in, he just snatched the kielbasa we were going to grill to go with our black beans and rice right off the stove. That'll teach DH to leave things and walk away. Can you say, "obedience class"?

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009