Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ten Predictions for the New Year

  1. Florida will not get hit by a major hurricane despite Apocalyptic reporting from The Weather Channel and nearly every Florida newscaster drawing breath.
  2. Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic nomination for President.
  3. Mitt Romney will win the Republican nomination for President.
  4. Get used to saying "Madam President."
  5. Britney Spears will do something stupid. Oh, wait a minute. That's not a prediction; that's a certainty! (Although girlfriend deserves a calm 2008!)
  6. Ratatouille will win the Oscar for Best Animated Film.
  7. Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal will get engaged.
  8. UCF will repeat as C-USA champs and win their bowl game this time.
  9. Celebrity obsession will be "so five minutes ago."
  10. They'll finally get the goods on Barry Bonds.

7 comments:

Macy O'Neal said...

11. Lots of us pre-pubbed people will either get contracts or make HUGE strides toward it.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think!

Lara Dien said...

I'm not sure that list is fair -- you took the easy ones! Although I'm not so sure on your politics. Lots of time for people to implode on both sides of the aisle.

My only prediction for 2008 is it's gonna be an interesting year ...

mimi said...

AMEN to that, Macy!

Lara, you have a point on the politics. Personally, I'd like to see some other names more heavily in the mix. Waiting to see what weirdness Iowa creates for everyone tonight!

Dara Edmondson said...

I love it! About time we said Madame President. And poor Brit - will she reproduce yet again?

Katie Reus said...

Amen to Britney having a calm year (hopefully in rehab) Although, I think Obama will come through ;)

Lara Dien said...

Okay, guys, I'm going to go woo-woo on you for a second. Almost posted this in my earlier comment and chickened out, but it's been sticking in my brain. And since you brought the subject up ....

I've been getting these really weird vibes over the past couple of weeks, and what it comes down to is I think 2008 is a year where people are going to get what they actively want. Sort of a double karma year -- what you put out, is what you're going to get, AND you're going to know it!

Having said that, I'm off to put in another couple thousand words on my next erotic romance .... LOL

Lorena

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009