Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thirteen Questions to Ponder

I stole these from Macy (waving...again....). She stole them off the Net somewhere. They're worth it.

1) If you could time-travel, and go back to any particular time/place in history, what would it be?
Turn of the century America. Love those Gibson Girl hairdos. And is it weird that I could totally rock a bustle?

2) If you could go back and relive any time in your life, what would it be?
Early teens--but not for the teenage stuff (that was a nightmare, what with the glasses and braces and impossible curly hair in a bad cut and all). In my early teens, all four of my grandparents were still alive, and so were three of my great-grandmothers. I would listen more and record more--I cringe at the life wisdom I missed because I was too busy obsessing over my stupid teenage angst!

3) If you could change one thing about your body, what would it be?
Its ability to pack on the pounds and hold onto them so tightly. That would take care of the frog chin, too.

4) If you could do anything in the world for a living, what would it be?
Probably write.

5) If you could only read one book over and over again in your life, what one book would that be?
Only one? That is so unfair. I could read and reread Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale, though.

6) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'm good right here in sunny Florida, but it would be cool to have a vacation home in the Carolinas. Mountains or beach, depending. Or maybe Prince Edward Island, right, Tori?

7) If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your days, what outfit would that be?
Cotton pajamas, assuming I wouldn't have to go out in public. If that, then probably yoga pants and a lightweight fleece or French terry pullover. Bare feet, of course.

8) If you could have dinner with any one person (dead or alive) -- anyone -- who would it be?
Thomas Jefferson.

9) If you could ask for any talent or skill and instantly receive it, what talent would that be?
I can already tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue, so I guess playing a musical instrument.

10) If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
My stress level. It's paralyzing.

11) If you could name your biggest regret, what would that be?
Not going to the West Point Hop with A.B. because I had a (loser) boyfriend and thought I had to be all noble and faithful and crap. Loser boyfriend totally didn't deserve that level of devotion.

12) If you could have exactly one million dollars right now in your hands, what would you do with it?
Pay off debt, set up college funds, travel, and donate to my schools.

13) If you could fix one major world problem on this Earth, what would you fix?
Greed. Greed for money and power is the root cause of most of the Earth's problems.

1 comments:

Macy O'Neal said...

Ditto on the stress, greed, and college funds.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009