Monday, December 31, 2007

For Auld Lang Syne

This is it...the last day of 2007. It's been a decent year overall for Chez mimi. Not so much for friends and family. In my group of loved ones, at least three pending divorces, money troubles, an extended combat tour for baby bro, etc., etc. Writing slowed down considerably, and there was an overwhelming sense of blah. Kind of like tonight's gray, drizzly weather.

On the plus side, we added Princess Sophie (the new Brittany, a rescue from a family that couldn't keep her). We how have twice the bounce and two counter surfers (something to work on this coming year). And some of those friends with love trouble are finding new love and happiness. Baby Bro will be getting married when he gets back from Afghanistan--yay! We reconnected with our friends from the Great White North. Best of all, we're happy and healthy (although mimi needs to drop some poundage) and have terrific friends.

Speaking of which, we're out the door to a New Year's party--and that's after having a great brunch at the fabulous Barb's this a.m. More later...

2 comments:

Terry Odell said...

Best to you in '08!

I revisited my "career" 2007 at my blog this morning.

Despite all the career stuff, I think it's the personal things that make the deepest impacts. I know I can't wait to fly out to meet my new grandson. (Although I must confess I delayed the trip long enough to attend a writer's workshop).

Katie Reus said...

Happy and healthy isn't too bad! Congrats to your baby bro on his impending marriage, although not so much on the extended combat tour. I planned my wedding when my now DH was in Afghanistan and Africa so I'm sure you're soon to be SIL will be keeping busy :)

Hope you had fun at that New Year's party!

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009