Friday, October 06, 2006

Life, the Universe, and Everything

Today I turned 42. Fans of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy know that's the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Here's what I learned.
  • Good friends are the best presents.
  • Japanese food is one of life's great pleasures.
  • Never put a bobcat in a crate. (Long story. Funny as hell, but long.)
  • Happy Birthday serenades conducted long distance from Ontario are sweet, surprising, and satisfying.
  • 10:30 is now bedtime, not the "get ready to go out" hour. I can live with that. I think.
  • DH knows me very, very well. He gave me George Clooney, David Strathairn, and Matthew McConaughey all gift-wrapped.
  • I'm still a real hoopy gal who always knows where her towel is (even if M and S need to bring it along to dinner as a reminder).

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009