Sunday, October 15, 2006

Biting the Bullet

Well, I've gone and done it now.


I signed up for NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, for those of you not up to date on writerly sorts of things. The task: complete a 50,000 word first draft of a novel by 11:59:59 pm on November 30.

Am I crazy? Probably. But as someone who's always lived on the adrenaline rush of impossible deadlines, perhaps offering myself up to the NaNoWriMo gods is a way to kick-start the new project. Even if I don't "win" (those who complete the task get a winner's badge, a cyber-pat on the back), I've completed something, which is more than what's happened lately.

I've posted a word meter in the left margin of the blog so you can see how I'm doing. Butt-kicking welcomed. It'll get updated a couple of times a week.

Now, off to think, consult the Writer's Brainstorming Kit, jot down interesting images in my journal, etc. No actual writing on the project until November 1 at midnight, but the rules say you can prime the pump like hell up until then. Sounds like a plan.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009