Tuesday, October 31, 2006

On Your Mark...Get Set...

NaNoWriMo starts at midnight! Talk about scary. Some housekeeping matters:
  • Posts here will be infrequent, but will mostly talk about how the book's coming along.
  • I may or may not find men worthy of either the Bed List or the Dinner List. Depends on how well things are going in novel-land.
  • Encouragement in the form of attagirls or dark chocolate are always appreciated.
The book will be called The Five Step Plan. It's women's fiction, set in Florida. I mean real Florida, not South Beach or Disney World. I figure since I'm a ninth-generation Floridian (no, we didn't all transplant here), I'm entitled. In a nutshell: woman finds her life is built on a shaky foundation and returns to the only one that's stayed firm her whole life--her grandparents' farm. Between helping them through a crisis and setting down her own new roots, she gains a new appreciation for the heritage of the land and the opportunity Florida has always provided. Sounds serious, but it'll have plenty of fun. The frame is my mom's Five Step Plan for making anything better--it works, BTW--so we'll see how much fun I can have with those five steps.

T minus eighteen hours, and counting...

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009