Friday, April 29, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

Confession time. I'm a child of the 80s. Name me an 80s teen flick, and I'm all over it. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Weird Science. The Breakfast Club. Sixteen Candles. Real Genius. Great stuff! Here are some 80s guys who grew up very nicely, thank you:

BED LIST: JOHN CUSACK



John Cusack--teen hero made good. He's the star of my all-time favorite 80s teen movie, Better Off Dead. Then he had to go and grow up--and I still loved him. Who wouldn't want a Lloyd Dobler-in-the-rain, "In Your Eyes" blaring from the boom box moment with the guy you love? He's the accessible sex symbol, the guy you can believe as a con man (The Grifters), a hit man (Grosse Pointe Blank), or the kooky guy (Being John Malkovich). And yet, he plays that sensitive soul so well. Watch High Fidelity or Serendipity to see what I mean. Love the big brown eyes. Love the voice. Love everything.

DINNER LIST: JEREMY PIVEN



I adore Jeremy Piven. When his short-lived TV show "Cupid" was canceled, I nearly got peeved enough to call the network and chew someone out. Jeremy Piven makes the best sidekick in the world. He's good friends with John Cusack--they've appeared in multiple movies together. He's got a great smile and a great attitude. This is the kind of guy you can hang around with at the ballpark (he's a Cubs fan, which is a good thing), talk movies and TV, and laugh at how bizarre the world can get sometimes. Jeremy, the house next door is for sale. Wanna move in?

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009