Monday, May 02, 2005

Flying Solo

DH flew to San Antonio for the International Reading Association conference, so I'm playing single mom this week.

I have a headache.

Things started out well--got DH to the plane with plenty of time (we did have to peel DD off him in the dropoff lane), made it to church, had a nice afternoon. Then I forgot that today my juniors were taking their AP exam and I'd promised to make them breakfast. Of course, there were not groceries in my house. Of course, by the time I realized that, it was 9:30 and my kids were in their pajamas. Oy. So I sweet talk my mom into coming down the street so I can nip over to the grocery store.

That worked. Woke up this morning and made the casserole, no problem. Got the kids up. DS is whining about how his tummy hurts. I get the kids into their clothes and get ready to head out the door with my casserole, cups and plates, juice, grapes, and my usual load (huge tote and briefcase). DD out, check. DS takes two steps into the driveway and barfs all over everything.

Great.

So now I have to get a sub with fewer than 45 minutes until the start of school. I still have to drop off all this breakfast stuff. My office partner was out--she was closing on a new house today--so there were two subs in our neck of the woods. Double oy.

Long story short, I stayed home. DS kept throwing up. I think he's a little better, but now I'm wondering whether to keep him home tomorrow just in case or pray he's well enough to go to school. I pounded some ibuprofen, too.

I still have a headache.

How the hell do single moms do this every day?

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009