Friday, May 06, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

More 80s effluvia in the system, it seems. Today's picks:

BED LIST: PATRICK DEMPSEY



I admit to having watched Can't Buy Me Love several times during my teen years. It's sappy and romantic, natch (can't resist romantic). Patrick Dempsey's the cutest thing in that movie. He was cute--and seemed accessible--in a few other 80s movies, then he seemed to disappear. No word from Camp Dempsey for years. Then he shows up as the fiance in Sweet Home Alabama, and all my friends and I thought Good Lord almighty!! Patrick grew up hot. SHA is sappy and romantic, too, but I have to say that I would have taken Patrick over Josh Lucas. It didn't hurt that Patrick seemed to know his way around a certain floor at Tiffany's. But no matter. Just show up, Patrick. No diamond ring required.

DINNER LIST: DAVID BYRNE



David Byrne's just a genius. Intelligent, well-read, creative--he'd be a fabulous dinner partner. Talking Heads music (specifically Stop Making Sense) is responsible for most of the housecleaning I get done. Nothing like scrubbing down a shower to "Psycho Killer." It's brilliant. He's brilliant. Come over anytime, and I make you anything you want.

3 comments:

Shannon McKelden said...

Oooh, and check out Patrick Dempsey on Grey's Anatomy, new drama on Sunday nights! Baby! He's the hero in my next book!

Shannon

Marley Gibson said...

Oh yeah...check him out on Grey's Anatomy...they call him "Dr. McDreamy" and he certainly earns the title. (Course, he'll always be Ronald Miller to me.)

Kelly Boyce said...

I admit to watching Can't Buy Me Love a time or ten in my younger years as well. No wonder they call him Dr McDreamy. Yum. Grey's Anatomy is my newest addiction.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009