Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Big, Burly Men

...are currently tearing up my kitchen. Today my new counters arrive. Woo hoo! Our has has beautiful real pine cabinets, so divorcing them from the 30-year-old Formica counters was just not an option. Enter Kornerstone Tops, who will transform worn-out white to sexy black granite by lunchtime!!

This is pretty cool, actually. The guys came out a few weeks ago to measure and make a template of the counters. They used a butane glue gun. That was weird. Today, all my new counter pieces are clipped to a slab of plywood out in their truck. Some power sanding, some fabulous adhesive and hide-the-seam grout, and I'll have black granite counters.

Things you find out while big, burly men tear up your kitchen:
  • The wallboard behind the backsplash looks *really* scary, especially behind the sink.
  • There was enough dog hair under my stove to make a whole new dog. A small one.
  • The sides of my stove were positively grody. I had to get out the degreaser right. then.
  • I also found 37 cents,
  • three marbles,
  • a pork chop bone,
  • and one of the huge ball bearings that came with the Geo-Mags.
Guess I oughta haul the stove out and clean under there more often, huh? Who cares. I'll feel like a domestic goddess. At least until I have to install the tile for the new backsplash.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009