Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Sally Field Moment

I'm going through DD's backpack and pull out a piece of paper addressed to me. Open it up, and what do you know--someone out there thinks I might be a good person for the PTA Board.

(moment of silence for everyone to stop chuckling)

The first thing that flits across my brain is "You like me! You really like me!" You know, that Sally Field burble when she won the Oscar for Places in the Heart? (Technically, that's not what she said--read the real text here) They like me! They think I'd be a great addition to the PTA BOARD!! I have achieved community stature!

Then I think about what that really means--more meetings every month, less time being a mom, more guilt because I can't play hooky from my own students during the day to come and head up the wrapping paper fundraiser or cookies for the teachers at Christmas. I appreciate the hell out of the elementary school PTA, but I'm just not the gal to be running things. I have a hard enough time keeping my own household running.

Still, they like me. They really like me. That's good for today.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009