Friday, April 15, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

Eclectic choices this week!

BED LIST: BEN AFFLECK



Okay, let's admit it. The whole J-Lo era was embarrassing. He could make better choices in the career department (I hear he's thinking about directing, which may be a good thing right now). The rehab trips could have been avoided. Despite all these missteps, Ben still gets my vote. He's hot. He can do the smolder for the camera (check out this cover of Details to see what I mean). He's also funny and engaging. Remember his opening monologue mocking the "Bennifer" phenomenon when he hosted Saturday Night Live? He's an Oscar winner for Good Will Hunting--sharing the Best Original Screenplay award with longtime friend Matt Damon. He's charming and cute during Celebrity Poker Showdown. For all these reasons, Ben gets a ticket to the bedroom--as long as current squeeze Jennifer Garner doesn't find out. She'd kick my ass for sure.

DINNER LIST: JIMMY THE BARTENDER



Men's Health is one of my favorite magazines. Part of the reason DH got a subscription this past Christmas is so I can read it myself. One of the joys of Men's Health is their advice columnist, Jimmy the Bartender. No bull with this guy. He serves his advice straight up, sometimes with a twist. Jimmy could have warned Ben off J-Lo in a hurry: "You're from Boston and she grew up in the Bronx? I'm all for mixed relationships, but everyone knows a Red Sox/Yankees combo is doomed. Find yourself a different Jennifer." For his humor and no-bull style, I'd be happy to share a table with Jimmy anytime. The porterhouse is on me.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009