Friday, March 18, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

It's musical Friday!

BED LIST: KEITH URBAN



I don't normally go for blonds. I had a bad experience with a blond back in my early 20s: cute, toothy, completely self-absorbed. Baaaaaad mojo. But I'd be willing to make an exception to my date-dark-men rule for Keith Urban. This guy is gorgeous (as you can see). He's also an incredibly talented guitarist. Check out the video for "You're My Better Half" here. I haven't seen hands that fast since that one boy back in the ninth gr...ahem. Anyhoo--watch Keith play guitar and ask yourself what that combination of finger speed and touch might do to your libido, and you'll see what I mean. Plus, he's Australian, so he's as yummy to listen to as he is to look at. Keith Urban. In this case, blonds might be more fun.

DINNER LIST: JIMMY BUFFETT



What can I say about the Chief Parrot? I adore this man. I have been a devoted Parrothead since high school (an increasingly long time). Back in my younger days, I drove to Miami to go to a Buffett concert, then hightailed it back to O-Town to attend the closing Buffett concert the very next night. How's that for a Parrothead-in-training? Since then, I've seen Buffett live at least five times. He always puts on a great show, where you're guaranteed to have fun even if the dork behind you spills beer down your Hawaiian shirt. Buffett's a fascinating man, a singer, songwriter, sailor, and writer. He's lived all over the Southeast and sailed all over the Caribbean. He's a devoted adopted son of Florida (we'll forgive the fact that he was born in Biloxi on Christmas Day rather than here in the Sunshine State, partially because he's a cofounder of the Save the Manatee Club). He's friends with Carl Hiaasen, another of my favorite Floridians. He's mayor of a very strange city, Margaritaville (perhaps you've been there). He lives a big life. I can even tell you the menu for our dinner: margaritas (of course), followed by Cheeseburgers in Paradise. Preferably on St. Barts.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009