Monday, February 14, 2005

Why Today?

My husband is a lovely, lovely man. One of the annoying things he has to put up with is a little game we've developed. "Why today?" I'll ask him, and he's supposed to respond with one little reason he loves me today. Occasionally, he'll pop the "Why today? question on me, but usually, he's the one on the hot seat. Ah, the neuroses of adult love.

In honor of Valentine's Day, here are some of his "Why today?" responses:
  • You have a nice face
  • I love your roasted chicken
  • You have crazy hair
  • You're nice to people
  • You bought me beer
  • You let me sleep in
  • You make me nuts
  • You keep asking me this question
  • You're always smiling
  • Even though I feel like strangling you, I'd rather be with you than anyone else
Why today? Because he puts up with me. He's a great dad. He's good looking even as he goes gray. Most importantly, after nearly ten years of marriage, he's still my hero.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009