Wednesday, February 23, 2005

THE AGENT HAS LANDED

After a long weekend of waiting, a day and a half of voicemail, answering machines, and email messages, I finally won the game of phone tag with dream agent, only to be told, "Can I call you back in two minutes? I'm on the other line." What's two minutes when I've been obsessing for four days? Sure thing.

Two minutes later, the phone rings. She loves Crash Test, thinks I'm hilarious, wants to represent me. Terms like "agency agreement" and "career plan" have suddenly taken on completely new shades of meaning. We talk about the next project. We talk about which houses are best for my voice. We talk--and it hits me that, journal flirt or no, I. Am. A. Writer.

As Frank Barone would say, "Holy crap!!"

You know what this means, of course. I have to write another one.

As Frank Barone would say, "Holy crap!!"

Celebrated with two of my favorite things: pasta at Macaroni Grill and chewy SweeTarts. DH and the kids are excited. I'm excited. I'm emailing friends, loops, just about everyone this side of "This woman is getting completely obnoxious about this agent thing. Somebody dump the Gatorade on her already so we can get back to watching CSI:NY."

I have an agent. Really.

Holy crap!!

3 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Congratulations!! I think you and I 'met' on the Yahoo chick list, right? Give me the scoop on everything--that is so terrific! And would love to read what Crash Test is about. I have an agent too, although she's brand new to the biz, and I haven't finished the ms yet, so I gotta know what your next steps are! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. Congrats!!

Tracy
tracyspray.blog-city.com

Mari Mancusi said...

YAY!! Congrats! You're going to love her. :-) Can't wait to hear about your sale. And what a great concept for a book. (Diana told me about it.)

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009