Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Bowl Sunday!

Well, it's Super Bowl Sunday, and here I sit with bad cable. I suppose I could go to a sports bar to watch two teams I don't really care about play the game, but it's not that big a deal. The commercials are more fun than the game usually anyway.

On the menu at Chez mimi:
  • Steak
  • Baked potato
  • Wedge salad with gorgonzola, bacon, and bleu cheese dressing
  • Chex mix (store-bought this time; no time to make the family's world famous secret recipe)
  • Hot dogs for the kids
You could make the argument that since this is the Super Bowl, you ought to serve all of your food in a bowl. That could mean:
  • Ice cream (Ben & Jerry's Phish Food is a favorite)
  • Cheerios
  • Chex Mix (why buck tradition?)
  • Ramen noodles
  • Cashew chicken
  • Cheese grits and sausage
  • Salsa--or better yet, that killer queso dip you make with Velveeta and Ro-Tel

Nah, we'll stick with the steaks. The queso dip sounds good, though...

My office mate's husband is from New England, so they're rooting for the Pats to win. Maybe I should root for Philly just to be difficult. It's hard to get excited when there's no Florida team playing (thanks a lot, Jon "Chucky" Gruden). Thoughts?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) GO IGGLES.... ok, so it's a little too little and a lot too late... and we cried in our beers around here while bleeding green.

Laughed my rear off at your "Bad Writer" blog, but just had to leave my mark on this one. :-)

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009