Sunday, January 30, 2005

Thar She Blows!

One of the little joys of being a homeowner is taking care of the home at its most uncooperative. Case in point: our washing machine, which decided to overflow just as the kids and I were getting ready for church.

So instead of praising God in God's sanctuary, I get to plead for God's intercession while ankle-deep in pink, sudsy water (DD's new sheets are being washed so we can put them on her bed). Things you discover while mopping out your laundry room:
  • The dust in my laundry room is practically its own layer of continental crust
  • 37 cents
  • A missing sock
  • Sand. Lots of sand. It's a wonder there's any left on the school playground.
  • My water heater is ugly--time to buy a screen
  • You need a contortionist from Cirque du Soleil to unhook the drain hose from the back of the machine
  • Now that the washing machine's pulled away from the wall, maybe we can finish the paint job
Oh, how I long for a Hold Everything laundry room. HE laundry rooms are pristine, dust-free, and apparently capable of turning out freshly-laundered, fluffy clothing with little to no human intervention. That's what I want.

Just wondering, though--my laundry room is in the prosperity corner of my house. DH painted it lavender a couple of summers ago (well, most of it--that area behind the washing machine does need to be completed). Now that the machine has overflowed, does that mean I'm going to be flooded with money soon?

Let's hope so. It'll take a pile of it to solve my laundry problems.

1 comments:

KH said...

One of my favorite books is God Loves Laughter by William Sears. I love your sense of humor about your laundry room, and I couldn't help thinking that you certainly were "blessed" with the gift of water in your prosperity corner.
Thank you for brightening my morning!

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009