Tuesday, March 04, 2008

10 Favorite Drinks

  1. Iced tea. Real Southern belles can drink iced tea during a blizzard. I proved this last week in New York, drinking iced tea like it was going out of style while it was snowing sideways.
  2. Dr Pepper. The preferred carbonated vice.
  3. Cheerwine. The other preferred carbonated vice, especially when I'm in North Carolina.
  4. Freshly-squeezed orange juice. Nice bonus of having a Valencia tree in my backyard.
  5. Moroccan mint tea. Hot and sweet. Great on cold mornings or when you're feeling pitiful.
  6. Whisky sour. I can do the cherry stem thing afterward, which makes them more fun. Plus, they're retro. I'm all about the retro.
  7. Scarlett O'Hara. We invented these in college. Gin, Wink, and maraschino cherry juice. Trouble in a cup.
  8. Bourbon or Canadian and Seven.
  9. Skim milk. Every morning. DH once brought me a special glass for my morning milk, complete with a cow on the side.
  10. Water. As my tenth grade biology teacher Mr. Cook used to say, "That's the best drink for your body--good ol'H2O. Good ol' water." Lots and lots of ice required.

4 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Yum, Whiskey sour.. I like the Scarlett O' Hara idea - 'trouble in a cup'. What's Cheerwine? :)

mimi said...

Cheerwine is the Cadillac of cherry sodas. It's difficult to find outside the Carolinas (although the territory is spreading), but you can read all about it and order yourself a batch at http://www.cheerwine.com Daddy's a Carolina boy, so we stock up whenever we visit.

Terry Odell said...

I got hooked on rooibos tea in South Africa (although I'd been drinking it before we left.)

Very good with a touch of honey.

Macy O'Neal said...

I stole your idea. Great one!

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009