Friday, February 29, 2008

Cool Chick: Reese Witherspoon


Reese Witherspoon's production comapny, Type A films, reflects a truth about this blonde dynamo many of us know. She will not, cannot fail. She won't give up. She has two kids that she manages to be raising in a mostly-sane way in an insane environment, she doesn't appear to rely too heavily on nannies, bodyguards, or a huge entourage, and she's charming and gracious. That's a Steel Magnolia for you (born in Louisiana, raised in Tennessee).

I don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of her--she's always impeccably dressed--but you don't hate her for it. It's probably that sunny smile of hers. Who elese could make Elle Woods so endearing, Becky Sharp so sympathetic, or June Carter Cash so human?

Oh, and go see Penelope. She's adorable in it, and the girl-power theme of this fairy tale will leave you smiling. Plus, James McAvoy is h.o.t.

2 comments:

Dara Edmondson said...

I love Reese, too. She's adorable and reminds me of someone I'd be friends with!

Katie Reus said...

I'm a huge fan too!! She's so 'girl next door'! I don't think she's been in a movie I didn't like :)

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009