Saturday, February 23, 2008

NYC Saturday: Theater Gal

Aside from the fact that my boots are not made for walkin'--at least, not on all this concrete all the time (the things we do to keep warm and stay marginally in fashion)--I am loving this trip to New York.

Tonight was special for another reason, since I got the chance to hook up with a former student of mine. He's the stage manager for the Take Wings and Soar production of Medea, presented at the National Black Theatre in Harlem. So, workshop day, ride the subway, chat and have some terrific soul food on MLK, Jr. Blvd. in Harlem, and a really good live stage show. Not bad for a whirlwind trip, I must say!

Home tomorrow. Can't say I'll miss the cold, though. I may have to break down and buy a $5 pashmina from a street vendor, assuming I can find one when I'm ready to buy. Slippery suckers are never around when you're looking for them.

3 comments:

Macy O'Neal said...

Found new (on sale) boots today for my NY trip. Yippee. I'm glad you're having fun.

Dara Edmondson said...

Glad you're having fun. The Big Apple can be such an exciting place, even when it's cold. Can't beat the theatre there.

Macy O'Neal said...

I didn't do the theater thing, but I did do opening night at the opera at Lincoln center -- complete with coctail dress in 20 degree weather. Yikes. The opera was Peter Grimes -- a dark tragedy. Sad, but fun.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009