Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tagged! Weird and Random

Dara Edmondson tagged me to list 10 weird, random facts or habits about myself. Then choose 10 people to tag. So, if you're reading this and you haven't been tagged yet, consider yourself tagged!
  1. I'm a stacker. My desk looks like the Himalayas, but I can find anything on it within ten seconds.
  2. I hate to fold laundry, but I don't mind ironing.
  3. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue.
  4. I used to be an Open-class (aka professional) Scottish Highland dancer.
  5. I never grew out of my Misty of Chincoteague phase. If I ever hit the lottery or the NYT list, I'm buying a horse.
  6. I'm a member of Mensa.
  7. I chew fairly. One bite on the right side, then a bite on the left. I can take the Libra tendency for balance a bit too far. To wit: I separate M&Ms (or Reese's Pieces, Skittles, etc.) by color and eat them in pairs.
  8. I can't stand holiday displays in stores that have been installed way too early, like Halloween stuff in July or Christmas in September. I have been known to embarrass the family and half the staff of the store in question by voicing my displeasure at the top of my lungs.
  9. I love fountain pens and have seven of them currently in use, each inked with a different color (smoke grey, royal blue, turquoise, green, orange, hot pink, and purple).
  10. I quote movies. Lots of movies. Need some comic relief for your cocktail party? I'm your gal. I can probably do Monty Python and the Holy Grail from start to finish, along with Raising Arizona, The Princess Bride, etc., etc...

4 comments:

Dara Edmondson said...

LOL! So, you can tie a cherry stem, hmm? Bet you were popular in your single days;-) I have that balancing thing as well - thought I was the only one with that particular neurosis!

JK said...

I eat my M&Ms in pairs too!! I usually group them in colours that I think look pretty together on that day - today red and yellow went togather 'cause it's stinking hot here. I'm even sounding weird to myself now.

Macy O'Neal said...

Thanks Mimi for the fun idea. I posted mine at my blog.

Lara Dien said...

I quit eating m&ms altogether a few years ago when they did the black and white experiment. With no pretty colors to distract me, I realized I don't like them ....

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009