Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rode Hard, Put Up Wet

Ever have one of those days where you've worked pretty much the whole time, but then you turn around to see what you've accomplished, and realize you can't really tell? Yep. I've had a day like that.

Evil FCAT testing is upon us in the Sunshine State, so that means room changes, strange schedules, missing kids, stress, bureaucracy, you name it. Grades go in in about two weeks, so there's that. And the regular gig at church. And DS's baseball schedule. And DD's soccer schedule, which couldn't conflict more with baseball if it were designed to do so. And Easter's in two weeks, so that means wall to wall music, and I barely have the strength to drag myself to choir practice, much less make a joyful noise.

Sheesh.

And the house is a wreck, and the laundry needs doing or it'll take over. Shouldn't really matter, since I can only fit into about four outfits anyway. But frankly, the idea of adding time at the gym is about the last mental straw. I know, if I just exercise I'll feel so much better and have so much more energy. Right now, the thought of exercise is about as enticing as chewing sand.

I'm whipped. Anybody got any sure-fire suggestions?

4 comments:

Macy O'Neal said...

Wow. Carbon copy of my life. Only my list looks like:
1) Teacher contracts -- this means lots and lots of meetings.
2) Husband's track season -- translation: whole family track season.
3) Step-daughter's cheerleading -- am I the last person to realize this is a year-round sport (yes, I use SPORT loosely.).
4) Step-son's track season -- not at all corresponding to husband's track season.
5) The small group Bible study and community service track coach husband conned me into.
6) 4 dogs.
7) Writing. Wait. Never mind. Not much of that going on.
8) Seriously, Mimi, you want me to exercise, too?
Macy

Keri Mikulski said...

I'm there with you... Throw in a toddler throwing up and that was my day yesterday. :)

JK said...

One bottle of Red Eye (similar to Red Bull) and I whip around getting astonishing amounts done. That is my very responsible and healthy solution to your problem.

Lara Dien said...

No kids or dh (really, I have the worst timing), so my chaos is sort of, arguably, self imposed.

Of course, all you with 18 different people pulling on your time will just laugh at me, so, Mimi-love, I'll just say this. At some point, you just have to say FTW (part of that is impolite, so you figure it out, I'm not saying it outloud). Grab a trashy novel and the poison of your choice, and tell yourself the chaos will be there when you get back to it ...

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009