Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Is it totally lame of me not to want to go to brunch on Mother's Day? I don't even mind no breakfast in bed (pancake syrup is hell on your sheets).Personally, I'd rather hang out with DH and the kids and relax. That, and stuff I really, really like, such as the presents coming toward my house from far-flung places.

First, a confession. I have never been much of a shopper. I didn't spend all my hangout time as a teenager in malls. I did spend an inordinate amount of time in stationery stores, which might explain my passion for office supplies of all types, and a core reason why I became a writer instead of, well, a fashion plate. (My friend D is all about bags, cute shoes, and clothes and is dying to do a home-grown How Do I Look? on me, apparently. She can't understand that work clothes that feel like pajamas are the ultimate look/feel for me.)

So since I'm all about the office supplies, for Mother's Day I'm getting pens. Fountain pens, that is. Three different ones to fill with three of the "Slightly Wild" Levenger inks my second-oldest friend, K, gave me for my birthday.

Fireball ink: Rotring Core Eternium



Always Greener ink: Lamy AL-Star



Pinkly ink: Waterman Reflex



Squee!!

(Yes, I know. I'm a geek.)

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009