Friday, April 21, 2006

The Bed List/The Dinner List

I spent much of my teenage years schlepping up and down the interstates of the Southeast to compete at Highland games--kilts, bagpipes, dancers, men throwing telephone polls (they're actually called cabers, and you throw for accuracy, not distance, but there I go digressing again). In honor of my ane Scottish home, the selections:

BED LIST: DOUGRAY SCOTT



Dougray Scott nearly stole Mission Impossible II from Tom Cruise (I've always wanted to ask Tommy boy how all that scenery he's chewing actually tastes), but he had me at, well, Prince Charming. He played Prince Henry in Ever After, and both DD and I were hooked. Plus, he's Scottish. That's practically a bedroom invitation in itself. But when you add the accent, the lovely eyes, and the kilt, I'm a goner.

DINNER LIST: CRAIG FERGUSON



All the grownups at Chez mimi loved "The Drew Carey Show" (the "geeks make good" theme is always a winner around here), so naturally we loved Craig Ferguson, who played the clueless manager Mr. Wick. Lately, though, we love "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson." I don't know if it's our steady diet of Monty Python that makes us receptive to his style, but you have to admit the man is funny. Apparently, Craig was a guest on Conan one night and had Conan laughing so hard, Craig took over and did all the talking. Lovely Scottish accent every night--even if it is Glaswegian.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009