Friday, April 07, 2006

The Bed List/The Dinner List

It's Masters weekend, so all the more fitting to choose a couple of my favorite golfers for this week's list.

BED LIST: FRED COUPLES



My inner geek gets all tingly during golf tournaments, especially when sweet-swinging Freddy Couples is on the leaderboard. I cannot say why he rings my bell, but he does. Maybe it's because he's well-known in the golf world for his lovely tempo. And you know what else lovely tempo is good for...

DINNER LIST: ARNOLD PALMER



My grandfather inducted me into Arnie's Army when I was a little girl. He loved the way Palmer attacked a fairway, and since I've always been a daddy's/granddaddy's girl, I went right along with him. Jack who? Arnold Palmer practically lives in my backyard, too, so it's not out of the question that we could get together for some dinner--DH would love to know if the story of the 1,000 putters in his garage is true.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009