Monday, June 27, 2005

Suzy Homemaker

One thing about summer for teachers--our normal routine gets completely shelled. When we're not in school, my sleep cycle goes haywire, I wander aimlessly through my messy house (Clean up? Please!), I waste way too much time checking email. Extroverts trapped at home with small children are not a pretty sight. There's no way I could be a stay-at-home mom. I'd be on the six o'clock news for sure. Our neighbor across the street stays at home with her three kids, all under the age of five. I admire the hell out of her--I couldn't do what she does.

Frankly, I think I'm a better mom when I'm working. I may have more time to do housecleaning during the summer, but I'm more patient and more fun with my kids when school's in session. Strange, huh? Takes all kinds.

Now that I've sufficiently guilted myself into doing something, I guess I'd better fold laundry before the pile of clean clothes blocks out the sun.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009