Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Gadflies 'R' Us

I've done it now.

I got fed up and spouted off to our local paper about the state of affairs at my high school, and they printed the column. Now that I'm out on my limb--I took a shot at our high school's community members, who are passionately interested in athletics and extracurriculars, but not so much so about academics--I'm waiting for the saws to come out.

To my surprise, so far the response has been very positive. I'm sure I've pissed someone off (I have a talent for doing that), but if I can knock some of the complacent out of their La-Z-Boys and get them to wake the hell up and pay attention to what their kids are doing at school, then it'll be worth it.

Let's just hope that limb I'm on is nice and thick.

2 comments:

Charlee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlee said...

Give a shout, if we need to drag over a trampoline to slide under that limb. Teachers can make such an awesome difference in a young person's life. We need to take care of and support the good ones. Thanks for going out on a limb for our kids.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009