Monday, June 06, 2005

DANGEROUS Fiction!!

I've been waiting by the mailbox for a week now, hoping that today will *finally* be the day my revisions arrive from Dream Agent, but noooooooooooooo........

Then tonight, long after New York has gone home for the day, DH informs me, "Oh, Paige Wheeler called this morning right after I got off the phone with you." Keep in mind that I answered at least five calls from my home number today, and he mentioned this not at all during any of those calls. I considered killing him on the spot, but once he relayed Paige's message, I was so busy laughing he earned himself a stay of execution.

Paige dropped my manuscript in the US Mail last week, and today, it ended up back in her office looking, as she said, "like an elephant had stomped on it." The Department of Homeland Security, in all its misguided wisdom, took one look at the manila envelope containing The Crash Test Dummy of Love and thought to itself, explosive device.

!!!!

As I said, I'd be pissed if this weren't so funny.

This must be my year. I've been sailing through airports with nary a squeak (I rarely fly), but this past year, they hand me a ticket with the dread "S" all over it and I get searched for the first time ever. I opened my suitcase after my trip to RWA National--it was heavy thanks to all the free books--to discover one of those "we searched your suitcase" tags from the aforementioned D of HS. What is it they say? It's not paranoia if they're after you.

Branding must arise from this. I'm thinking, "An EXPLOSIVE read!" or "Mimi's books are DANGEROUS fiction!

HAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahaha. Back to waiting. Probably for UPS this time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My old boss had one of those "we searched your case" notifications on her bag too a while back (flying out of Ft. Myers) and when she got home, her 3 1/2 carat diamond engagement ring (that she had in a side pocket because her fingers had swollen and she couldn't wear it) was gone! Homeland Security said "oh well...not our responsibilitiy."

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009