Friday, June 10, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

DH and I are in love with the movie Down With Love. It's a love letter to those 60s sex comedies that are all twinkle (heroine) and charm (hero), wrapped up in a bow of good humor and nudge-nudge double entendres. You know, good dialogue and clever writing. Our kind of thing. Anyhoo, I'd be down with these two gentlemen in a heartbeat:

BED LIST: EWAN McGREGOR



Men in kilts are some of the most delicious specimens on the earth. Scotsmen rock! My current favorite Scot is Ewan McGregor. I mean, who else could go from playing a heroin addict in Trainspotting (not a good look for him at all, but I digress), lovestruck Christian in Moulin Rouge, an American Army officer in Black Hawk Down, and the fanciful younger self of Albert Finney in Big Fish (another family favorite). Plus, he's got the goods to be Obi-Wan Kenobi. The force is with him, that's for sure! Anytime, Ewan; anytime. I don't care what you wear under the kilt.

DINNER LIST: DAVID HYDE PIERCE



Normally I have no patience for neurotics, but I'd be happy to make an exception for David Hyde Pierce, the brilliant creator of Dr. Niles Crane. David Hyde Pierce makes neurosis lovable. Plus, how can you resist a man who's willing to play "Brave Sir Robin" in Spamalot, the Broadway musical version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of the top ten classic movies of all time? "Urbane" and "witty" don't sound too pompous when you're applying them to someone like David Hyde Pierce. I could go for urbane. That, and some really brilliant fettuccine carbonara.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love DOWN WITH LOVE -- have seen it about five times. It's just adorable and a true homage to the Doris and Rock movies of the 60's that I grew up loving. Ewan's one of my favorite actors. Man, I'd show up to see him if he were sitting there with a scotch a cigarette and just reading the phone book. = )

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009