Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mii, Fit?

Rushed out to my favorite French store, Targét, this morning and managed to pick up a Wii Fit board, the Holy Grail purchase of the new year. Anything to get me moving, since I do very little of that!

Buttercup has a Wii Fit and has been using it to do yoga, so I started with that. Turns out the board is much slower than I usually go when I'm doing yoga at home. Slow's supposed to help tone the muscles better than zipping through poses (although ashtanga can really kick your butt if you're not ready for it).

The interesting thing about the Wii Fit happens during the setup. The balance board tracks your center of balance, and it also works as a scale. If it's right, then my bedroom scale is *way* off--nearly 10 lbs. worth--so I'm happy. What's funny, though, is after you enter your height and it weighs you, it fixes your Mii so it resembles what you look like, weight-wise. Ooo, scary. That's a shape I don't like looking at! Good thing we Puffs in our little "DietTribe" are planning to do something about that. Now if I can only get the comfort eating under control. A bit difficult with the sinus thing cranking up again. Oy.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009