Monday, March 12, 2007

Picket Shock

We're in the market for some fence. I have lovely neighbors, both of whom have fences. That means two parts of my back yard have a fence. All we need to do is finish off the other two sides, add gates, do two small repairs, and we'll have a fenced back yard. The dog will be ecstatic. He'll have room to run and some doggy privacy, and I won't have to put up with quite so much barking in my ear when he wants to go out, like he's doing now.

So I get a couple of fence companies to come out an estimate. I'm thinking a few hundred dollars. It's not like we're fencing the whole thing, mind you. We're talking less than 100 feet total. More like 65 or so. And then I get the estimates.

$1800 FOR THAT MUCH FENCE?? Are you freakin' kidding me?? Hurricane repairs are long since over for this area. There's more fencing supply than demand. Still, $1,800??

I am so in the wrong business.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009