Tuesday, September 19, 2006

S-p-e-l-l-i-n-g Counts!

Call me a cranky English teacher if you must, but I'm a bit perturbed at this:



I'm all for Fergie making a name for herself in a way that has nothing to do with her abs or her former crystal meth addiction, but what boneheaded copyeditor/art director approved this title? DUCHESS IS NOT FREAKIN' SPELLED WITH A 'T'!!

It's petty, I know, but this kind of thing is important. We can't have folks assuming that Dutchesses are married to Dutkes. Or that Scarlet O'Hara has been cleverly named after a paint color. Scarlett=two Ts. Duchess=no T. Got it?

Fergie, I hear your solo set rocks. Good for you. But if your second CD elevates you to "Empriss," we're gonna have more than words about spelling.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009