Thursday, September 14, 2006

Oh, the Horror

Inga, my beloved Turbo Beetle (aka "my Fast," hahaha) needs to go to the car doctor. So DH and I plan to drop her off this morning and hitch a ride to a workshop together.

Nay, nay, Fluffy.

Turns out Inga's issues aren't primarily cosmetic. That rear window adhesive can't just be fixed. We're talking new top. $4500 of new top. My favorite word today is warranty. So because I have to have a new top, they put me in a rental. One of these:



Yep, a tan Chevrolet Cobalt four-door sedan with manual everything. You couldn't say "fleet car" any louder unless you spray painted the word RENTAL down the side.

On the plus side, it's ridiculously clean. It will get me from place to place. There's room for my kids and all their stuff.

But it's a tan Chevy Cobalt, and that is so. not. me. Please, please VW people, hurry with mein fraulein already!!

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009