Thursday, June 25, 2009

Threes

I guess today I can officially close the book on my youth. First Ed McMahon (how many years have I heard that voice?), then Farrah Fawcett (all the girls wanted her hair, all the boys just wanted her), then Michael Jackson ("'cause this is THRILLER...thriller night!"). Michael Jackson's taking the most effort to process, though. He's not that much older than me! Of course, we all watched him grow up, from being the high sweet voice of the Jackson Five, to the disco phenomenon of Off the Wall, to the self-styled King of Pop. Is there anyone my age who didn't adore the "Thriller" scene in 13 Going on 30 because we'd all practiced that routine over and over and over?

Strange how passages make us think more about our realities. Tonight, though, let's celebrate the talent of three people who made us laugh, dance, and dream.

2 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

I know.. It's so sad..

I was shocked to hear about Michael Jackson.

mimi said...

I know, right?? I never thought his life would end well, but I sure didn't think it would end so quickly! The passing of a legend, no doubt about it.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009