Wednesday, June 17, 2009

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

Adding to the insult of no money coming in all summer (two teacher household, remember?), today I hear this weird griiiiinnnddd-CLUNK sound from one of my back windows. Yep, now it's stuck down. All the way down. And this is Florida, where we have a thunderstorm every day at 4:00 p.m.

Great. Lacking the several hundred bucks it will take to fix the window (stupid VW window regulators are pieces of plastic trash that are cheap but take like three hours to fix because you have to disassemble the back seat to get to them), and since it's thundering, now I have to spend two hours cleaning out the garage (it's been mid-project for a while now) so I can get my car in. OMG the leaves. OMG the nuts and bolts and screws. OMG the papers that go from school to car to garage and possibly the house. This would be so much more fun if there were a ceiling fan. Scratch that. It wouldn't be fun.

Let me just say, the shower afterward was water straight from Mount Olympus.

1 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm 0 for 2 on functioning windows, so I feel you. Actually, I'm like .5 for 2, since, mercifully, the driver's side still has minimal functionality.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009