Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ten Songs I Hate

  1. "Red Red Wine" by UB40
  2. "Blue Christmas" by Elvis. I know, I lose my red-blooded American card for this, but the background singers just kill it for me.
  3. Anything by Mariah Carey where she's trying to contact the secret planet of dogs.
  4. Risking hell for this one, but "The Old Rugged Cross." Its tune is just. So. Depressing.
  5. Pretty much anything by Boston at this point.
  6. "Soldier" by Destiny's Child. Yes, let's encourage young women to choose useless thugs for boyfriends!!
  7. "Unchained Melody" by The Righteous Brothers. I know, I'm probably the only person in the world who does, but...blech.
  8. "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. He deserved every freakin' second of the Weird Al parody that followed.
  9. "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors
  10. "What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondes. Linda Perry has nearly redeemed herself for this by writing great stuff for P!nk, but not quite. Maybe not ever.

2 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Definitely songs that get stuck in my head for days. :)

mimi said...

I am so, so sorry about that! ;-)

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009