Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sexy New Cell!

Every once in a while, the Fates smile down. Today was one of those days. Arriving on my doorstep, one of these:

Back in January, when I was researching smartphones (carrying a phone, an iPod, and a Palm was getting annoying), I stumbled across a RIM preview site for T-Mobile's newest, the BlackBerry Curve 8900. There's a contest--enter your email to win one for yourself and your Fave 5. So I dutifully type in a bunch of email addys I can remember off the top of my head who also have T-Mobile phones and forget all about it...until this nice woman calls from Toronto and says I'm a potential winner. We're sending paperwork, fill it out and send it back, and we'll send you some phones.

Right. Like it's that easy.

Turns out it is! I filled out, notarized, tossed it in an International Priority Mail envelope, and a week and a half later, voilà! I now own a CrackBerry. Pretty, isn't it? Now I have to re-learn everything. But if it makes my life even that much calmer, it's worth it! Plus, it makes an excellent milestone birthday gift for Kelz. Yay BlackBerries! Yay, Canadians! T-Mobile for life, y'all!!

1 comments:

Desiree said...

Wow! I didn't know you WON that! Now I have even worse BlackBerry envy than I did before!

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009