Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ten Favorite Time Wasters

As an Olympic-caliber time waster, I can certainly do this. Here are favorite ways to let the time pass me by.
  1. Infosnacking. Netsurfing. Whatever you call it. If it's on the web, I can find it.
  2. Bookstore browsing. Time just flies by.
  3. Palm games. Crazy Daisy and Bejeweled, usually, with occasional forays into Bookworm.
  4. Reading organizational books. So much more satisfying than actual organizing, since you can create the Plato's cave version of your lovely home without all that messy work.
  5. Reading. Anything. I will reread books I've read multiple times instead of something I ought to be doing, like cleaning.
  6. Microcleaning. Not the big stuff, like Mt. Washmore or the shower, but that little niggling area of the desk that annoys only me. Plus, I make a bigger mess while doing it than originally existed.
  7. Cuddling. Actually, this is time well spent. But sprawling on the sofa draped with a kid prevents you from doing so much more.
  8. Movies. We have many, many DVDs. Amazing how many of them I can practically recite from memory, but watch again anyhow.
  9. Blogging. See, I should be grading papers right now, but...
  10. Leaving things unfinishe...

1 comments:

Macy O'Neal said...

I'm with you on all of them except the palm games. I'd replace it with pampering my puppies. (Okay -- elderly dogs, whatever....)

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009