Friday, December 16, 2005

The Bed List/The Dinner List

BED LIST: NOAH HUNTLEY



I'm having a Narnia kind of week. DH and I took the kids to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe last weekend (which was great, BTW). Book Club discussed The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. One of the Book Club gals pointed us to this online Narnia personality quiz. So I take it, and I turn out to be Peter, the High King. How does this relate to Noah Huntley? I hear you cry. At the end of the movie, High King Peter and his fellow King and Queens are chasing the white stag when they stumble into the lantern waste...oh, heck, read the book for yourself. Noah Huntley plays High King Peter all grown up, and damn. I'd grovel all 'round his throne at Cair Paravel for a shot at His Majesty. Yea, verily.

DINNER LIST: RAY BRADBURY



Since I'm on a fantasy kick, I have to invite one of my favorite authors of all time for dinner. Ray Bradbury. Fahrenheit 451. The Martian Chronicles. Dandelion Wine. Something Wicked This Way Comes. "The Veldt" and "There Will Come Soft Rains" and "A Sound of Thunder." As a writer, I'm in awe of how this man crafts language. As a teacher, I love introducing students to his ideas, his love for language and thought and expression. As someone who loves smart men, I'd just love to spend a long evening with Ray Bradbury. Talk about a butterfly effect on your whole life.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009