Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Off to Reno!

Today I flew to Reno, Nevada--Biggest Little City in the World--for the RWA National Conference. Some observations on interstate travel:
  • Time changes are a bitch. Here I'm thinking that Reno's in Mountain Time (it's in the mountains, right?), when all along it's on PST. Totally screwed up the internal "feed me, Seymour" mechanism. The sleep mechanism, too. Couldn't figure out why my 11:00 pm bedtime felt so late until I realized that my body thought we were kickin' it at 2 am back home in Florida.
  • Airports are a bitch. I'm spoiled by living near the #1 tourist destination in the world. Orlando has the Idiot's dream airport. Other airports don't come close. Reno/Tahoe couldn't figure out where to put the bags in baggage claim.
  • Tourists. Oy.
  • Totally forgot to call my dad on his birthday. I suck.
  • Wakeup calls for 6:45 am are unnecessary, even when your body thinks you kicked it until 2 am back home in Florida. Boink! Eyes wide open at 5:12. Hey, at home that's sleeping in.
Rental car tomorrow. If I'm this close to Lake Tahoe and don't go, I'll never forgive myself.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009